The Maine Math & Science Alliance (MMSA) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that finds inspiring new ways to get people excited about science, technology, engineering and math today, so that our youth can become the innovators and workforce of tomorrow. MMSA supports educators to teach science, technology, engineering and math in more meaningful ways by:
- Developing professional development experiences for K-12 educators
- Conducting research and evaluation of STEM learning experiences
- Building relationships and networks to sustain systemic statewide improvement
MMSA offers a work culture that is very team oriented, welcomes a mix of working-from-home and from-the-office work schedules, and is rooted in the belief that high quality professional development and programming can influence the future of our state. MMSA staff includes some of the best talent in STEM education, including researchers and curriculum specialists. We offer an excellent compensation package that includes vacation and sick time, 401(k) plans and more.
Position Title: Social Media Specialist
Salary Range: $35,000-$45,000 depending on experience
The Social Media Specialist will be responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring MMSA’s social media strategy in order to increase brand awareness, improve fundraising efforts and increase participation in our programs. The ideal candidate will have expertise in all modes of social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Bachelor’s degree is preferred (but not required) in a field related to media, communications or marketing.
Purpose of the position:
We are looking for an experienced and creative Social Media Specialist to join our team. As a Social Media Specialist, you will be responsible for developing and implementing our Social Media strategy to increase our online presence. You will be working closely with the Communications Team to create and execute social media campaigns that build our projects’ audiences and engage educators, administrators and funders. This new position at MMSA will be an essential part of sharing our story with educators, funders, and the public interested.
The right candidate will have the ability to interpret a project’s communication needs, develop a social media plan, write/develop social media elements, craft appropriate graphics and post those elements on multiple platforms and then report on social media statistics and outcomes from those posts.
The person will:
- Be an integral member of the Operations Team.
- Work closely with the Communication Team to coordinate ongoing communication efforts on our social media platforms.
- Use social media marketing tools to create and maintain the company’s brand.
- Work with project leads to identify and develop social media marketing campaigns.
- Plan, oversee and communicate a social media calendar to all staff.
- Interact with stakeholders via MMSA’s social media accounts, including working with project staff to craft appropriate responses to questions and comments.
- Work as part of a team to create a digital marketing plan and social media strategy as this position identifies strategic weaknesses and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Research social media trends and inform colleagues of changes that are relevant to the company’s marketing activities – which will also inform our best practices in marketing across the organization.
- Set key performance indicators (KPIs) for social media campaigns, such as targets for a certain number of shares or likes and measuring a campaign’s performance against the KPIs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience working with project staff to understand their social media needs.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing social media strategies that accomplish their intended outcomes.
- Experience in designing social media elements (graphic elements) using software such as Adobe suite or Canva etc.
- Ability to plan out multiple, relevant social media campaigns. Use of google calendars and or Airtable (or similar) to create social media marketing plans would be preferred.
- Experience in providing feedback and developing KPI reports on impact of social media activities.
- Ability to work in a telecommuting-based team with a wide range of personalities and interests.
This position will be expected to attend weekly team meetings and project meetings via Zoom and be present, in person, at the MMSA office (Augusta, ME) for twice monthly staff days. Please send a letter of interest that outlines your experience against each of the selection criteria above and resume by email to email@example.com.
Materials should be submitted by Oct 22nd to ensure full consideration.