The Maine Mathematics and Science Alliance (MMSA) is a small non-profit organization based in Augusta, ME. MMSA finds inspiring new ways to get people excited about science, technology, engineering, and math today so that our youth can become the innovators and workforce of tomorrow. We lead professional development experiences for K-12 STEM educators and conduct research and evaluation of STEM learning experiences. We offer a very inclusive, team-oriented work culture. Everyone’s unique identity is valued and respected at MMSA.
Job Title: Events Coordinator/Office Manager
Location: 343 Water Street, Augusta
Supervisor: Executive Assistant
Full Time: 30 – 40 hours per week
Salary Range: $45,000 – $55,000
This position needs a self-starter, detail-oriented person, who enjoys planning engaging events, and comes to work with a can-do attitude. You will also act as the office and co-working space manager at our Augusta office. This position is expected to be in the MMSA Office on Water Street, Augusta daily.
MMSA staff lead K-12 STEM education professional learning and research projects for over a thousand educators each year. This position is instrumental in ensuring that MMSA’s programs to support educators and youth can run effectively and productively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Events include: twice monthly all-staff days/MMSA-community-building activities; workshops, meetings, professional learning engagements, conferences, and project advisory meetings
- Meet as needed with each project manager to assess upcoming events, workshops, and meeting needs
- Event planning and follow-up in partnership with project staff:
- Catering and site logistics; review contracts and invoices; registration processes; support for locally run events
- Maintain the events database, including caterers, vendors, and venues
General programmatic support:
- Order, track, and distribute materials for event, workshop, and meeting use. Set up and clean up conference room for events, including scheduling, audio/visual support & catering.
- Copy materials, generate material packages, send out packages, generate emails and posts; organize virtual program files; make travel arrangements for staff and speakers.
- Maintain all electronic event files which include participant lists, RSVPs, attendance, certificates
- Manage the organization of the storage room and inventory (general materials, equipment, project kits, etc.).
Administer co-working and rental reservations and requests
- Serve as point of contact for MMSA’s co-working space (for both interested and established co-working partners), and maintain co-working calendar, contracts, and rental requests.
- Maintain communication outreach to increase coworking space and optimize use of our offices.
Establish and maintain the MMSA day-to-day operations of our offices and co-working space
- Contact and follow up with the landlord as needed for general maintenance items.
- Manage printer, internet, heating/cooling, and other office space utilities.
- Stock supplies, collect and distribute mail, distribute voicemails.
Education & Experience
- Demonstrated experience with event coordination, administrative support and/or office management.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with a wide array of personalities.
- Demonstrated experience in computer usage and applications.
- Attention to detail is essential for success in this position.
- Partial Employer-Sponsored Health Plans, up to family coverage or optional generous cash-in-lieu
- Employer-paid family dental, family vision, Life, STD, LTD, FMLA and Parental Leave
- Up to 10% 401K match
- Generous paid time off: 13 paid holidays + your birthday; 20 paid vacation days; 15 paid sick days
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter that outlines your experience against each of the selection criteria above and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or by regular mail to Human Resource Director, PO Box 2246, Augusta, ME 04338.
Materials should be submitted by March 1, 2023 to ensure full consideration.