Your help could further MMSA’s vision of a brighter STEM future for the State of Maine and the nation. Today, I ask you to support MMSA and become a part of the movement to support exciting new ways for our youth to learn about science, technology, engineering, and math.
Colby College - Wadsworth Gymnasium
Awards for the 2017 Maine State Science Fair include:
- 3 Grand Prize Awards
- Expense paid trip for the top 3 winning projects and their mentors to compete in the 2017 Intel ISEF Fair in Los Angeles, CA on May 14-19, 2017.
- Intel ISEF is the premier global science competition for students in grades 9-12 and provides an annual forum for more than 1,700 high school students from 70 countries, regions, and territories to display their independent research.
Awards for the top three projects in each category.
Special Awards will be presented for the following organizations for projects that meet their specific criteria:
- American Meteorological Society
- American Psychological Association
- ASM Materials Education Foundation Association for Women Geoscientists
- ASU Walton Sustainability Solutions Initiatives Intel Excellence in Computer Science
- GENIUS Olympiad
- Institute of Food Technologists
- MU Alpha Theta
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Office of Naval Research
- Ricoh Americas Corporation
- Society for Science & the Public
- Stockholm Junior Water Prize
- The Jackson Laboratory
- The Reach Center at MMSA
- U.S. Air Force
- U.S. Metric Association
- Yale Science and Engineering Association
New in 2017, three institutes of higher education will offer scholarships:
College of the Atlantic will offer scholarships up to two students. These scholarships are worth $25,000 per year, renewable for four years for students in good academic standing.
University of Maine will offer scholarships for up to 12 students. These scholarships cover tuition and offer admission to the Honors College. They are renewable for four years for students in good academic standing.
University of Southern Maine will offer scholarships for up to 12 students. These scholarships are worth 4,000 per year, renewable for four years for students in good academic standing.