Your help could further MMSA’s vision of a brighter STEM future for the State of Maine and the nation. Today, I ask you to support MMSA and become a part of the movement to support exciting new ways for our youth to learn about science, technology, engineering, and math.
Preparing elementary school teachers to integrate collaborative skills and science content into a service-learning project using Connect Science.
- Tuesday–Friday, August 14–17, 2018*
- 8:30 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
- Hosted by Mölnlycke at Brunswick Landing, 192 Admiral Fitch Ave, Brunswick, ME 04011
- Cost: $949
- 4 day workshop includes food, curriculum guide and classroom materials (28 contact hours)
- 1 day follow up workshop in fall* (date TBD)
- In-person and virtual site visits for implementation support and coaching throughout 18–19 school year
Why Connect Science?
Children notice problems in the world around them, and want to work on solutions, but they need specific skills and knowledge as they strive to find the best solutions.
- Connect Science prepares students to be knowledgeable and engaged citizens who can collaborate with others to solve community energy problems.
- Students in Connect Science classrooms discover problems, consider solutions, and implement a project, learning new skills and knowledge along the way.
- The Connect Science professional development provides teachers with training, lesson plans, and follow-up coaching.
- Teachers deepen their content knowledge, learn about Next Generation Science Standards and develop skills to facilitate service-learning with their students.
2018 Connect Science Summer Institute Credit Card Payment
Please complete registration above before credit card payment.