Your help could further MMSA’s vision of a brighter STEM future for the State of Maine and the nation. Today, I ask you to support MMSA and become a part of the movement to support exciting new ways for our youth to learn about science, technology, engineering, and math.
Free professional development for Library Staff interested in testing an innovative, video-based coaching curriculum in STEM Cohort Starts June 12, 2018.
Space is limited ~ Sign up now!
Use Cohort Code: MX06VR
What happens during the PD cycle:
- Session 1: Virtual Workshop
June 12, 2018 6:00 to 7:30 PM EST
How can we use purposeful questioning to drive STEM learning?
- Session 2: Virtual Coaching Session
July 17, 2018 6:00 to 7:30 PM EST
Receive coach and peer feedback on a video recording of your practice with youth
- Session 3: Virtual Coaching Session
August 7, 2018 6:00 to 7:30 PM EST
Receive coach and peer feedback on a second video recording of practice with youth
We’re looking for people who:
- Have consistent interactions with youth
- Are comfortable with recording and uploading videos to secure cloud sharing sites
- Are comfortable with video conferencing or willing to learn
- Have access to high speed internet, a computer, and to a cell phone, tablet or camera with video capability
- Have a willingness to learn and reflect on practice in a cohort of peers from across the United States
What are participation benefits?
- Exposure to current research surrounding STEM education for youth and access to new ways of interacting with youth and other ways to teach STEM skills
- Develop mastery in using technology for learning new skills
- Build relationships with peers who are doing similar work
- Experience personalized professional development to deepen your skills
- Earn contact hours and a certificate of participation
- Receive a $100 stipend for completing two surveys
Want to get involved?
- Registration deadline is June 1, 2018
- There is no fee to participate – $250 value
All Sessions 6:00pm – 7:30pm ET
Questions? Contact ACRES