Your help could further MMSA’s vision of a brighter STEM future for the State of Maine and the nation. Today, I ask you to support MMSA and become a part of the movement to support exciting new ways for our youth to learn about science, technology, engineering, and math.
Cohort Code (for registration): RT05VR
Virtual Skill Session: 11/15/2018 12:00pm
Virtual Coaching Session: 12/13/2018 12:00pm
How do you help youth recognize their connection to and role in STEM? How do you help youth learn about STEM careers? In this two-part module, you’ll experience several easy to implement strategies including a photo elicitation activity, learn about how youth form STEM identities, and then learn how to conduct related activities with youth. Back at your program, you will capture a video of your practice and then share during part two, the small group coaching session.
Who should get involved?
Afterschool or Out-of-School-Time educators who…
- Have taken an ACRES course before, completing at least the Asking Purposeful Questions module.
- Have consistent interactions with youth.
- Are looking to deepen their practice in helping youth recognize connections with STEM.
ACRES is a $250 value. Thanks to the generosity of the STEM Next and the National Science Foundation, it is FREE to participate in ACRES. You will also be compensated with a $50 stipend for completing a survey before and after you participate.
Both sessions will be virtual and will use the ZOOM video conferencing platform.
Register for an ACRES Cohort
- *ACRES Returners are all educators who have completed at least the Asking Purposeful Questions workshop and coaching sessions.
- To register, please complete this form (scroll if needed. Submit button is at bottom of form)