In this module you will learn about the importance of organizing, planning and designing your project for the Maine State Science Fair. By now, you should have chosen a research topic and developed a SMART question to focus on; this is the foundation for your science fair project. This next stage is where you will plan out WHAT you hope to accomplish with your project, HOW you plan to carry out your project and WHY your project is important. These lessons will help you step-by-step to get your MSSF project underway.
How to use this course:
- Teachers can take this course and then implement some of the activities with their students.
- Students can take this course as part of one of their classes at school.
- Students can take this course on their own outside of school.
- Learn the different elements that make up a strong project, including the design and methodology
- Explain the rationale behind student project design
- Understand how to write a Materials and Methods section
- Explore how to display and present data visually
Click on the lesson below to begin.