Are you looking for ways to build your own and your students’ understanding of key fraction concepts?
Do you want to gain access to numerous routines, activities and resources to support students’ flexibility in their approaches to operating with fractions?
Come join us for a Fraction Professional Learning Series!
- Deepen your own knowledge of key fraction concepts including foundational concepts (models, equivalence, comparing, etc.) and operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
- Build flexibility in approaches to fraction concepts by using and connecting representations including manipulatives, visual representations, number lines, and algorithms
- Use powerful diagnostic and formative approaches for identifying students’ strengths and difficulties related to fraction ideas
- Expand repertoire of instructional practices for making fraction concepts accessible to struggling learners
- Gain access to numerous resources and collaborate with other educators
*Strategies and approaches can be used with any mathematics program.
What math content does the series focus on?
The program addresses fraction standards (grades 3-5) from the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics and related mathematical practices. Foundational concepts (models, equivalence, comparing, etc.) and operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) concepts are included. The content is also appropriate for Grades 6-8 educators who support struggling students. The online mini-sessions are anytime/anyplace and no prior online learning experience is needed.