The Maine Mathematics and Science Alliance (MMSA) is a small non-profit organization based in Augusta, ME. MMSA finds inspiring new ways to get people excited about science, technology, engineering, and math today so that our youth can become the innovators and workforce of tomorrow. We lead professional development experiences for K-12 STEM educators and conduct research and evaluation of STEM learning experiences. We offer a very inclusive, team-oriented work culture. Everyone’s unique identity is valued and respected at MMSA.
Job Title: Events Coordinator
Location: 343 Water Street, Augusta / hybrid
Supervisor: Marketing and Communications Director
Full Time: 30 – 40 hours per week
Salary Range: $45,000 – $55,000
This position needs a self-starter, detail-oriented person, who enjoys planning engaging events, building community, and comes to work with a can-do attitude.
MMSA staff lead K-12 STEM education professional learning and research projects for over a thousand educators each year. This position is instrumental in ensuring that MMSA’s programs supporting educators and youth can run effectively and productively. We prioritize sustainable and inclusive practices for all of our events and we will look to this position to institute these practices to make our events accessible to all audiences and communities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Events include: twice monthly all-staff days/MMSA-community-building activities; workshops, meetings, professional learning engagements, conferences, and project advisory meetings
- Meet as needed with each project manager to assess upcoming events, workshops, and meeting needs
- Event planning and follow-up in partnership with project staff:
- Catering and site logistics; review contracts and invoices; registration processes; support for locally run events
- Maintain the events database, including caterers, vendors, and venues
- Coordinate co-working and rental reservations and requests
- Serve as point of contact for MMSA’s co-working space (for both interested and established co-working partners), and maintain co-working calendar, contracts, and rental requests.
- Work with the marketing and communications team to increase coworking space membership and optimize use of our offices.
General programmatic support:
- Order, track, and distribute materials for event, workshop, and meeting use. Set up and clean up conference room for events, including scheduling, audio/visual support & catering.
- Copy materials, generate material packages, send out packages, generate emails and posts; organize virtual program files; make travel arrangements for staff and speakers.
- Maintain all electronic event files which include participant lists, RSVPs, attendance, certificates.
- Manage the organization of the storage room and inventory (general materials, equipment, project kits, etc.).
Education & Experience
- Demonstrated experience with event coordination
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with a wide array of personalities
- Demonstrated experience in computer usage and applications
- Attention to detail is essential for success in this position
- Partial Employer-Sponsored Health Plans, up to family coverage or optional generous cash-in-lieu
- Employer-paid family dental, family vision, Life, STD, LTD, FMLA and Parental Leave
- Up to 10% 401K match
- Generous paid time off: 13 paid holidays + your birthday; 20 paid vacation days; 15 paid sick days
How to apply: Please send a cover letter that outlines your experience against each of the selection criteria above and resume by email to email@example.com. Or by regular mail to Human Resource Director, PO Box 2246, Augusta, ME 04338.
Materials should be submitted by June 11, 2023 to ensure full consideration.