MMSA Consultant Offerings include:
- Orientation sessions for K-12 teachers and administrators, guiding them through the conceptual shifts in the Framework for K-12 Science Education, including the science and engineering practices, as interwoven within the core STEM ideas.
- Demonstrating the overlap between the practices in the Framework and the CCSS-Math and ELA practices and capacities.
- Facilitated time to map current curriculum to the Next Generation Science Standards or the Maine Learning Results in partnership with teachers and administration.
- Working hand-in-hand with teachers to establish content learning standards and competencies that connect NGSS core ideas and practices to District models.
- Providing facilitation as teachers transition from aligning curriculum maps to thinking about instruction and assessment, moving beyond a series of “activities” that can be considered “the curriculum” to examining instructional practice.
- Orientation on how to turn performance expectations/standards into performance assessments for their units that begins with identifying the standard to be targeted.
For more information contact Joyce Tugel, MMSA Consulting Coordinator