Your help could further MMSA’s vision of a brighter STEM future for the State of Maine and the nation. Today, I ask you to support MMSA and become a part of the movement to support exciting new ways for our youth to learn about science, technology, engineering, and math.
MMSA Consultant Offerings include:
- Incorporating the Eight Mathematical Practices: Making a shift from teacher-centered to student-centered math classrooms.
- What is Math Discourse, and why is it important to incorporate it into my teaching practices?
- Using Data to Drive Instruction – this workshop is designed to keep the data analysis process on track.
- Math coaching- Work with our math coach in your classroom. Offerings include modeling and co-teaching of best practices in mathematics, as well as feedback and goal setting based on classroom observations.
- Orientation sessions for K-12 teachers and administrators, guiding them through the conceptual shifts in the Framework for K-12 Science Education, including the science and engineering practices, as interwoven within the core STEM ideas.
- Demonstrating the overlap between the practices in the Framework and the CCSS-Math and ELA practices and capacities.
- Facilitated time to map current curriculum to the Next Generation Science Standards or the Maine Learning Results in partnership with teachers and administration.
- Working hand-in-hand with teachers to establish content learning standards and competencies that connect NGSS core ideas and practices to District models.
- Providing facilitation as teachers transition from aligning curriculum maps to thinking about instruction and assessment, moving beyond a series of “activities” that can be considered “the curriculum” to examining instructional practice.
- Orientation on how to turn performance expectations/standards into performance assessments for their units that begins with identifying the standard to be targeted.
For more information contact Joyce Tugel, MMSA Consulting Coordinator