The Maine Math & Science Alliance (MMSA) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that finds inspiring new ways to get people excited about science, technology, engineering and math today, so that our youth can become the innovators and workforce of tomorrow. MMSA supports educators to teach science, technology, engineering and math in more meaningful ways by:
- Developing professional development experiences for K-12 educators
- Conducting research and evaluation of STEM learning experiences
- Building relationships and networks to sustain systemic statewide improvement
MMSA offers a work culture that is very team oriented, welcomes a mix of working-from-home and from-the-office work schedules, and is rooted in the belief that high quality professional development and programming for educators can influence the future of our state. MMSA staff includes some of the best talent in STEM education, including researchers and curriculum specialists.
Current open positions
Salary Range: $40,000 to $50,000 depending on experience
- Familiarity with learning technologies – plus the ability to quickly adapt to new technologies.
- Experience working with youth including in- and out- of school settings.
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining community partnerships.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as an essential and productive member of a team.
- Ability to work on a remote-based team with a wide range of personalities and interests.
- Preference given for individuals with skills in developing learning experiences for students and teachers.