Your help could further MMSA’s vision of a brighter STEM future for the State of Maine and the nation. Today, I ask you to support MMSA and become a part of the movement to support exciting new ways for our youth to learn about science, technology, engineering, and math.
The Maine Math & Science Alliance (MMSA) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that finds inspiring new ways to get people excited about science, technology, engineering and math today, so that our youth can become the innovators and workforce of tomorrow. MMSA supports educators to teach science, technology, engineering and math in more meaningful ways by:
- Developing professional development experiences for K-12 educators
- Conducting research and evaluation of STEM learning experiences
- Building relationships and networks to sustain systemic statewide improvement
MMSA offers a work culture that is very team oriented, welcomes a mix of working-from-home and from-the-office work schedules, and is rooted in the belief that high quality professional development and programming for educators can influence the future of our state. MMSA staff includes some of the best talent in STEM education, including researchers and curriculum specialists.
Current open positions
- Bachelor’s degree is required in any math or education related field, with preference given to individuals with master’s degrees or higher
- Experience designing and leading math professional learning for educators, preferably in elementary settings
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining community partnerships.
- Knowledge of and experience with implementing mathematics teaching practices and student standards for mathematical practices